5 Things You Need to Know About Ponytail Extensions
Ponytails are all over history. Even the prehistoric caveman and woman found a way to tie up their unruly hair on top of their head when they go out to hunt and gather—vines, soft twigs, and twisted animal skin. Today, the roughly tied prehistoric hair has evolved into the sophisticated ponytail extension, something you can add to your hair and take off anytime you feel like it. Before you decide to choose your own extensions, though, here are some things to keep in mind.
1. Ponytails are best for straight hairs. This is because sleek hair can easily be plumped up to add more style to an ordinary ponytail. Blow drying damp hair before putting it up in a pony is a great idea, as well as applying a straightening balm to naturally wavy or curly hair.
2. Ponytail extensions are a great solution for a bad hair day. There always comes a day when we just cannot get our hair to settle down, and the thing is, that day always happens to be the day of a special event. Wearing your hair up with a ponytail extension is the best way to tame your hair down and go out still looking stylish and elegant.
3. You should not wear your ponytail when sleeping. No, it is not a myth that ponytails cannot cause hair fall or headaches. Well, in fact they do, especially when they put too much pressure on the roots of the hair or when the hair on top of the head is especially heavy. It is always a good thing to switch hairstyles every now and then.
4. A simple way to jazz up your ordinary ponytail is by wearing it to the side. Certain face shapes like round and heart-shaped work well with soft side ponytails combined with side-swept bangs that frame the side of the face.
5. If you want to style your ponytail to make it look less ordinary, it is better that you wear that hairstyle a day or two after you have shampooed. Hair that is too soft or slippery is more difficult to handle than hair that has absorbed some of the natural oils coming from the scalp.
To get the hottest new ponytail extensions, visit the Ken Paves Online Shop to find the widest array of hair extensions and hair products. This online shop is a collaboration between diva Jessica Simpson and world-renowned celebrity hairstylist Ken Paves. Visit the Ken Paves Online Shop now.